Commitment to Quality
Rutgers Health Services (RHS) is committed to providing high quality services that are confidential, cost-effective, sensitive to the diverse needs of individuals, responsive to the ever-changing needs of patients, and convenient. We continue to challenge ourselves to exceed standards of excellence through quality improvement programs in all departments, continuing education for staff, annual performance evaluations, patient feedback/surveys, and working with campus and community partners.
RHS is currently working toward accreditation with the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). RHS has been previously accredited by the Joint Commission.
RHS strives to respond to suggestions and opportunities for improvement from patients about quality of care provided, quality of services rendered, safety issues or any other concern in a timely manner. We strongly encourage patients to express their concerns and view this as an opportunity to improve and enhance the quality of care and services provided.
Patients have a variety of options to express suggestions/concerns. Patients can:
- Complete an on-line email survey; email surveys are conducted biannually by RHS.
- Contact RHS at email@example.com.
- Contact the Director, Quality & Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-7402.
- Participate in an on-site student satisfaction survey; on-site surveys are conducted biannually by RHS.
- Place comments/suggestions in any of the on-site confidential suggestion boxes located at RHS Healthcare Facilities.
The Quality Department works with numerous committees within RHS to continuously assess and improve the quality of care, service, and competence of our staff. These committees are: the Patient Care Review Committee, the Quality Committee, the Safety & Infection Control Committee, the Medical Services Committee, the MD/APN Committee, the Pharmacy Committee, the Credentialing & Privileging Committee, the Continuing Education Committee, the Emergency Management Committee, and the Executive Leadership Committee.